Thursday, September 13, 2012

National Preparedness Month Kick Off

Without much settling in time, I was tasked with helping organize rallies, presentations, and world record breaking events! It's been a whirlwind 2 weeks into September - National Preparedness Month. The first weekend started with an incredible world record breaking event at the Fresno State Bulldog Football team's first home game. At half time we trained the entire stadium of some 20,000+ people in hands-only CPR. While it was amazing to witness so many people yelling "Are you okay?" to their imaginary victims, my favorite part was going through and shaking the inflatable tunnel to the field at half-time and pretending I was a football player prepping for a big game.

Almost a full stadium at Fresno State's opening game!
We broke the world record!

Back in the office the following week, we jumped into final preparations for the Prep Rally we were hosting that coming Saturday. The event was a huge success and due to our meticulous planning and organizational skills (applause) everything went smoothly and without too much undue stress. We had a big turnout and all the participants said they really enjoyed the event.

People getting involved at the Prep Rally.
Thanks to these amazing student nurses we taught
115 people hands-only CPR at our Prep Rally!


Later that night it was time to relax at the Taste of River Park event benefiting the American Red Cross. The place was packed. I got to taste delicious food and wine while watching ribbon dancers, a PG&E check presentation to the Red Cross, a fashion show and a jazz dance group. Needless to say by the end of the night I was exhausted, but it was completely worth the effort!

My calendar is filling up and I just wonder how I'm going to fit everything I want to do and learn into the short 9 1/2 months I have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment