Friday, October 5, 2012

New Member, Jessica!!


The door at the American Red Cross is one that is revolving. We are people helping people. You can receive services and later join our amazing team as a volunteer or staff member and give back. My own personal journey began in February when I was a student at Fresno State. Thrilled, I joined the American Red Cross office in Fresno as a Service to the Armed Forces Intern. As an intern I had the opportunity to gain leadership experience while doing exactly what I love, providing services in the time of need to military members and their families.  During my time spent as an intern I also learned various skills and had the opportunity to teach the community how to be prepared in the event of a natural or domestic disaster. I took advantage of my internship and learned all that I could about Red Cross services and how we help people. At the end of the day nothing matters to me more than helping my community in any way that I can. Therefore, I greatly appreciate the opportunity the American Red Cross has given me to join the team as an AmeriCorp member. I will now serve as a Preparedness Coordinator and will work out of the Visalia office, serving the counties of Kings, Tulare and Kern.


Bakersfield Preparedness Rally
(Left, me & Right, Gaby)


No comments:

Post a Comment