Thursday, August 22, 2013

Meet Veronica Lases - AmeriCorps NPRC Member

Hola, Yo soy Veronica Lases…Hello everyone, I’m Veronica Lases! I am one of the new members to the American Red Cross Central Valley and I am an AmeriCorps member. I will be the Preparedness Coordinator here in the Fresno Chapter. I’m blogging today to tell you a little about myself. Ok, so first things first; I am a NASCAR and football FANatic! I am a huge Hendricks Motorsports supporter, but really I’m a huge Jeff Gordon fan (my sister says my support is a little bit of a sickness). Well, I could talk your ear off about NASCAR, but I thought I’d share my other love…the San Francisco Forty-Niners! I am no band wagon fan; I’ve loved them since the days of Joe! That’s right the greatest quarterback Joe Montana. Many of you Bulldog football supporters may not like me for this next statement, but I am a USC fan…have to be! 

Okay, let me continue about myself and not sports because I tend to ramble when its sports related. I practice and am an assistant instructor of martial arts and self-defense. So in two very different ways I help teach others to always be prepared! Well, enough personal, on to the professional!


I graduated from the University of Phoenix and received my Bachelors of Science in Human Services. My main focus of study has been victims. I have studied almost all type of victims: rape, suicide, domestic violence, child abuse and neglect. Beginning my journey with the American Red Cross will give me the chance to learn about victims of disasters, such as those affected by the home fires we experience here in the Central Valley. My main question is how victims cope with this type of PTSD? Sorry, making you, the reader, think too much in this blog. I am fluent in Spanish, unless I get nervous then I’m fluent in Spanglish. I’m an L.A. girl born and raised, but now have to claim Fresno as home.
Well, I think that's all for now. So if you have any questions or want to do the seasonal football trash talk, well, you know where to find me…yup, Fresno! Ok, thanks, Bye!

Veronica Lases
AmeriCorps NPRC Member 2013-2014
Preparedness Coodinator
Community Preparedness & Resilience Services
American Red Cross - Central Valley Chapter
veronica.lases@redcross.org

No comments:

Post a Comment