Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Meet Amitai "Tai" Zuckerman - AmeriCorps NPRC Member


Hello!  My name is Tai and I’m the new AmeriCorps - National Preparedness and Response Corps member at the Visalia office of the American Red Cross Central Valley Chapter! 

As I start my work here in the Central Valley, I’d like to tell you a little about who I am.  I grew up in San Diego and spent the last few years in Oregon, where I earned my Bachelor of Arts in International Studies from the University of Oregon.  I remained in Oregon to work but found the opportunity to become an AmeriCorps member in the Central Valley and decided this would be an adventure I am more than willing to undertake.  Emergency management as well as disaster preparedness and response are passions of mine and while my term in AmeriCorps will prepare me for the future, I know that I’ll help the communities in Tulare and Kings Counties become more resilient and prepared when disaster strikes.  One aspect of my position that I’m particularly looking forward to is engaging with the local community in order to increase the American Red Cross mission of disaster preparedness and response.

Just like my fellow National Preparedness and Response Corps members, I will post on this blog every week.  Check this page to see what events we’ve participated in, adventures we’ve gone on, and stories we want to share!  I’m looking forward to a productive, safe, and great year and I can’t wait to see you at one of our events!

Amitai "Tai" S. Zuckerman 
AmeriCorps NPRC Member 2013-2014
Preparedness Coordinator
Community Preparedness and Resilience Services
American Red Cross – Tulare and Kings Counties

No comments:

Post a Comment