Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Meet Samantha Minks - AmeriCorps NPRC Member


"Who am I?" could be the most vague and open ended question that one could ask a person. Of course I know who I am, I'm Samantha Minks. I love my dog, my friends, and my family, and my favorite T.V. show is The Office. But, how did I come to be who I am? That's the real question. Sitting here today, I am Samantha Minks, AmeriCorps NPRC Member and Preparedness Coordinator here at the Kern Chapter of the American Red Cross. This is all very new still, seeing as how only about three short weeks ago I was living in my hometown of Logansport, Indiana. I'm a recent graduate from Purdue University, where I spent two wonderful years deciding what I wanted to major in, and then three more wonderful years earning my Bachelors in Communications. I chose one of the broadest fields to study, because, well, I've never truly known "what I want to be when I grow up." However, I do know what I'm good at, and that's interacting with people. So, a month or so before I graduated from college I applied for this position as an AmeriCorps NPRC member knowing full well that this would be an awesome opportunity to not only interact with people, but to interact with people in need, people who are victims of disasters and tragedy, and also to be a leader in preparing these people on how to be ready when disasters strike. I'm ready to do everything I can to better prepare the communities of the Central Valley Region, and I look forward to working with everyone!

Samantha Minks, Preparedness Coordinator
AmeriCorps NPRC Member 2013-14
American Red Cross Kern Chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment