Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Do You Want To Be A Summer Lifeguard? We Can Help!

So I was watching the news this morning, and on Kopi's 10-Day Forecast he mentioned that by Thursday this week we will be having some 70 degree weather here in the Valley. I immediately thought of two things. One, I need to tan my legs before short season officially begins, and two, I need to be sure all of our local pools have a certified Red Cross lifeguard on site. Okay, I lied, the second thing I thought about was buying new flip flops. But I digress. With Spring only a few weeks away that means you are slowly running out of  time to go out and get a swimming or lifeguarding course out of the way before it's time to hit the pool.

Are you a teen starting to think about Summer jobs? Our Aquatic Lifeguard Training course will teach you the skills necessary to land that first lifeguarding position. As long as you're a competent swimmer, the class should be a cinch. Just think, you'll get paid to work on your tan by the pool all day with an endless supply of ice cream sandwiches flowing from the snack bar. Perfect! Plus, it'll look great on those college applications.

Those that spend time around water but don't need a lifeguard certification can benefit from some of our other classes, such as Basic Water Rescue - perfect for camp counselors, deck hands, fitness professionals and families with boats or pools.

Training sites are located in multiple locations in the Central Valley Region. 
Click HERE for a list of available classes. Don't miss out on this opportunity to save a life...starting with your own. Actually mine, because I am a horrible swimmer! So get certified today!