|Aaron Lloyd, H&S Services Intern|
Communications & Social Networking Intern
Position: The Communications & Social Networking Intern works directly with the Social Media Coordinator at the Chapter assisting with marketing and public relations projects.
Hours: Minimum 8-10 hours per week through Summer/Semester. Prefer intern commit to at least three-hour blocks of time in office.
Compensation: Unpaid Internship. Will work with intern to provide academic credit if applicable.
· Assist with marketing projects
· Work with staff to create copy for website
· Assist with publishing email blasts
· Draft content for newsletters, press releases and articles
· Draft content for blogs and manage postings
· Monitor and post content on blogs, forums, and social networks.
· Grow and engage our network base on social sites including: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube.
· Create and monitor online contests and activities
· Further engage our base using online blog, CrossWords.
· Set up email list/database to be used for e-blast newsletters
· Detail oriented
· Creative, some graphic design experience helpful
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Good interpersonal and communication skills, motivated to learn & reliable
· Internet savvy; proficiency with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Blogger.
· Basic knowledge of Photoshop, HTML or Adobe Creative Suite a plus, but not necessary.
Submit the following documents by e-mail or standard mail delivery or to contact listed below. Applicants will be notified; please no phone calls.
· Current resume and cover letter
· Two writing samples (ex. Press Release, Newsletter, Marketing Piece, News Article)
· Internship Program Application (if applicable)
The American Red Cross
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; teaches lifesaving skills; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a charitable organization — not a government agency — and depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit www.arccentralvalley.org or subscribe to our blog at www.arccentralvalley.blogspot.com.
Contact Information: Anya Goosev
Community Resource Coordinator
2002 N. Fine Ave
Fresno, CA 93727