Monday, August 1, 2011

It's Only Getting Hotter...


Last Saturday, as I was helping my mother garden outside, I realized that the sun seemed exceptionally blistering this year. However, after little research, I found that the US had in fact experienced a heat increase from previous years. Unsurprisingly, I then discovered that August would have a high of 112 degrees. I decided it was time to battle this heat with techniques and tips that I found to be effective. Hopefully you'll benefit as much as I did!


  1. Drink liquids. Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids and avoid drinks with caffeine or alcohol.
  2. Adjust your diet. Eat small meals and eat more often.
  3. Stay in one area. To avoid sickness, refrain from extreme temperature changes.
  4. Slow down. Always try to stay indoors and avoid strenuous exercise.
  5. Wear the right clothes. Wearing light-colored, lightweight, and loose-fitting clothes will keep you cool.
  6. Take breaks. If you happen to work outside, remember to take frequent breaks.


Follow these 6 simple tips and you'll experience an improvement. To help someone having trouble with the heat check this out and remember preparedness is key!

No comments:

Post a Comment