Last Saturday, as I was helping my mother garden outside, I realized that the sun seemed exceptionally blistering this year. However, after little research, I found that the US had in fact experienced a heat increase from previous years. Unsurprisingly, I then discovered that August would have a high of 112 degrees. I decided it was time to battle this heat with techniques and tips that I found to be effective. Hopefully you'll benefit as much as I did!
- Drink liquids. Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids and avoid drinks with caffeine or alcohol.
- Adjust your diet. Eat small meals and eat more often.
- Stay in one area. To avoid sickness, refrain from extreme temperature changes.
- Slow down. Always try to stay indoors and avoid strenuous exercise.
- Wear the right clothes. Wearing light-colored, lightweight, and loose-fitting clothes will keep you cool.
- Take breaks. If you happen to work outside, remember to take frequent breaks.
Follow these 6 simple tips and you'll experience an improvement. To help someone having trouble with the heat check this out and remember preparedness is key!